MABAC LEAGUE RUNS 2021
The safety and well-being of our runners and helpers is of the utmost importance. This protocol based on guidance from England Athletes provides a framework of measures and behaviours that will help to ensure that league runs are held with the risk of COVID 19 being minimized. Please observe the national guidelines applicable on the day of the event at all times.
Participants must not attend the race if they are showing any signs of Covid-19 symptoms:
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
- a loss or change to sense of smell or taste
In addition, please do not attend if you have:
- been in contact with anyone showing any signs of Covid-19 symptoms in the past 14 days
- been asked to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace service,
- travelled within the last 14 days to an international location where self-isolation is required following your visit.
Race Day Preparation
- Follow Covid best practice for travel. Plenty of parking will be available.
- Make sure you have your running number (runners are asked to retain their number for all 2021 races.)
- Please bring your own face covering (a doubled-up neck gaiter will suffice) and hand gel. Carry these with you in your race kit in case of emergency.
- It is suggested you bring your own water although sealed bottled water will be available
On Race Day
- Participants should avoid congregating at any time, particularly before the start and at the finish
- Participants are requested to maintain social distancing of 1m+ (preferably with face covering).
- A face covering should be worn at the registration desk and within buildings/toilets.
- Participants should practice good personal hygiene – bring your own hand gel.
- Follow any one-way systems in place
Running the event
- Follow the advice and guidance of the Marshals
- 3 separate starts will be used to facilitate social distancing: men, women and joggers/juniors
- Participants should avoid running in the slipstream of other participants as far as possible.
- Overtaking on the course must be done only when possible at a reasonable distance.
Remove your number and place it safely in your bag for the next run – runners are asked to retain their number for all 2021 races. Remember to bring it next time!
Please visit the MABAC website for regular updates